18 November 2011 on Thoughts by jrdesign
Taken from the GoMo Agency Guide, I really like this infographic and think a lot of the statistics should be considered for not only agencies or small businesses, but also us designers. In addition, since your clients look to you to keep them abreast of current consumer trends, this is a great way to introduce them to mobile. This infographic shows how consumers are using their mobile phones to communicate, search, and shop–24/7. Share this with your clients during your next presentation and introduce them to today’s constantly connected consumer.
Some interesting statistics:
- 50% of American adults will own a smartphone by the end of 2011
- 81% use it to browse the internet
- 77% use it to access a search engine
- 48% use it to watch videos
- 79% of mobile users use their smartphone to help with shopping
- 48% use it to get promotions or coupons
- 49% use it to compare prices
- 44% use it to read reviews or product info
- 54% use it to find a retailer
- 39% use it while going to the bathroom
Note: I played a large role in the creation of GoMo (short for Go Mobile) and the GoMo Agency Guide. Both the GoMo site and the Agency Guide were created at Mullen.